Another Week, Another Weatherboard House
We do spend awful amount of time painting weatherboard houses, which is great because …
- It’s great to be outside in the warm weather.
- Quick fix to daily job satisfaction.
- Melbourne has a lot of weatherboard houses.
- Autumn’s the perfect time of year to paint a weatherboard.
Well, number 4 is wrong. It is the perfect time for the painters to paint weatherboard houses. It’s warm, not much rain, not too hot. Great. See number 1 and number 2. But…
…Australia isn’t the only place famous for weatherboard houses. Think USA and more importantly Canada. They don’t just paint houses in July!
We are lucky here in Melbourne, we can paint house exteriors pretty much all year round. Winter is good because the paint can take it’s time to dry, less sun etc. Miserable painters though? Thermals were designed for a reason. Done.
Kew – Painting Weatherboard Houses in Autumn
The Colours and Paints used.
- Dulux Weathershield Low Sheen. Papaya Cream
- Dulux Weathershield Low Sheen. Grey Green
- Dulux Weathershield Gloss. Grey Green
If you need help with the colour scheme, our colour consultant can help.
Painters’ Access Issues
We have spent a lot of time and effort on this job trying to devise a way to gain access to the top half of a gable, there is an awning, unremovable, in the way.
- Scaffolding is very expensive, and when quoted, took a third of the job price.
- Cherry picker/Boom lift. No access.
- Big ladder. The awning ruins the angle.
Outriggers. Outriggers are ladder accessories that are placed on the top runs of the ladder and push the ladder out from the surface by about 50cm.